Why This Program?
If you enjoy solving puzzles you should consider this field. Problem solving, logic, abstract and analytical thinking are all hallmarks of a computer science professional. You should be prepared to enhance the abilities you bring with you through classroom exercises, teamwork and math study. As your troubleshooting and problem solving skills blossom, you will be able to not just connect the dots, but you will also be one of the rare individuals who can find the next dot.
This program prepares students for entry-level positions in computer information processing as well as the first two years of a bachelor's degree in
information processing. Students are encouraged to complete the four-year degree. Students with no training in typing should enroll in Beginning Keyboarding.
1. Effectively question or evaluate questions.
2. Perform effective data/information management.
3. Formulate reasoned judgments and/or conclusions.
4. Effectively communicate with others.
5. Recognize the interdependence of concepts in these courses to each other and to concepts in other contexts.
6. Demonstrate the disposition to use skills or concepts learned.