1. Demonstrate understanding of basic refrigeration theory.
2. Demonstrate understanding of gas heating theory.
3. Demonstrate understanding of fluid flow and controls.
4. Read and create electrical schematics and diagrams.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of AC and DC electricity.
6. Measure electrical units with testing equipment.
7. Wire and operate electrical devices and equipment.
8. Apply AC electrical and electronic troubleshooting techniques.
9. Describe the sequence of operation of refrigeration, HVAC systems and miscellaneous accessories in commercial and residential applications.
10. Service and repair HVAC equipment and manufacturing motor controls.
11. Demonstrate the ability to dismantle and reconstruct mechanical equipment.
12. Develop problem solving methods that increase productivity.
13. Describe the impact of communication skills on customer and supervisor relationships.
14. Describe the technician's role in production success.
15. Describe the influence of work habits, such as attendance and attitudes, on professional success.