This program prepares students to become metal welders and fabricators. Students apply principles of math, metallurgy and electricity to manufacturing processes.
1. Work in a safe and productive manner that meets industry standards
2. Demonstrate work ethics including collaboration and communication skills.
3. Demonstrate safe, effective, and efficient set up of welding and cutting processes.
4. Produce and evaluate quality welds/cuts to meet or exceed industry standards.
5. Read and interpret blueprints/welding symbols accurately.
6. Demonstrate the accurate application of layout tools, mathematics, and measuring devices to complete assignments.
7. Choose and apply appropriate manufacturing processes in the completion of projects.