This program prepares students to become metal welders and fabricators. Students apply principles of math, metallurgy and electricity to manufacturing processes.
1. Work in a safe and productive manner that meets industry standards
2. Demonstrate work habits and communication skills that lead to career success
3. Safely, effectively and efficiently set up welding and cutting processes
4. Safely produce and evaluate quality welds/cuts to industry standards
5. Accurately read prints and interpret welding symbols
6. Demonstrate the accurate application of layout tools, measuring devices and math operations
7. Demonstrate fabrication techniques in the completion of projects