Previous experience with information technology, information management, and/or an occupation within the healthcare environment is desirable, but not required. Applications are reviewed to identify students who best meet the combined qualifications of experience, education, and skills set.
1. Submission of application to HCC and required official transcripts from high school and all colleges previously attended.
2. Apply to become a student at HCC. www.hutchcc.edu/Admissions
3. Submission of application to the IT in Healthcare Program.
The electronic program application can be obtained at: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20110_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=15344
4. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the documentation is complete and accurate.
5. No applicant will be considered until all required documentation has been submitted.
6. The application should be submitted to the Program Coordinator one semester before the student plans to begin the program.
7. The application will be reviewed by HCC and student will be notified within 7-10 business days if they are accepted to the IT in Healthcare Program.
8. Financial Aid available. www.fafsa.ed.gov School Code: 001923
All IT in Healthcare courses in each of the certificate programs must be completed with a grade of "C" or better in order to progress to the next course and/or successfully complete any of the programs. Core courses include all classes designated with an "HT" at the beginning of the course number.
There are TWO Certificates within the IT in Healthcare Program
Please review these with your advisor to make certain you have met all the requirements for graduation and/or completion of the IT in Healthcare Certificates. Students are encouraged to view the degree audit in their DragonZone accounts to track graduation requirements.
Please Note: We have a partnership program with Johnson County Community College, but you will be taking classes at Hutchinson Community College. Proceed with the application link below.