Why This Program?
If you're interested in a career repairing and servicing medium and heavy duty trucks, then this program is for you. Students have the ability to become AGCO Certified Technicians on tractors, combines, hay equipment and planters. In this program students will learn the fundamentals of diesel engine operation, agricultural equipment maintenance and repair in a hands-on, live-action environment. Agricultural Diesel courses are taught at HCC’s four hundred acre, South Campus.
The Agriculture Diesel Mechanics curriculum prepares students with technical knowledge and skills for employment as service technicians at implement dealerships or independent shops. The course of
study includes repair and service of diesel engines, hydraulics, transmissions, air conditioning and electrical systems on agriculture and light industrial equipment.
1. Analyze what to consider when purchasing new or used agricultural equipment
2. Operate and handle agricultural equipment safely
3. Monitor and adjust agricultural equipment for good performance
4. Service, inspect, and repair various types agricultural equipment
5. Practice safety and cleanliness procedures when working on diesel fuel systems
6. Efficiently schedule and accomplish work assignments